THE POTTER'S WHEEL
Venue: Rural studio in Cusgarne near Truro, Cornwall
Creativity in a productive and relaxed environment
THROWING CLASSES AND STUDIO DAYS
- Established courses organised throughout the year.
- Weekend and weekday enrolment. Ask for next course dates.
- Well equipped studio with electric potter's wheels.
- Complete beginners and experienced students are welcome.
- Maximum of four students to ensure individual tuition.
- Stoneware and porcelain clays are available to use.
- Ideal birthday or Christmas present for friends and family.
- Personalised course vouchers available.
- Bring a packed lunch for day courses. Refreshments provided.
- Local B&B accommodation can be suggested if required.
Please contact Ben Barker for further information and course dates.
Morning and afternoon sessions
The focus of these hands-on classes is to learn the skills necessary to throw pots on the potter's wheel. Tuition is by demonstration and one to one support at an appropriate level dependent on student competence.
These bespoke sessions are popular with family groups, complete beginners interested in a new challenge and experienced students who want to achieve new skills.
Beginners are given a comprehensive introduction to the basic principles of working on the wheel and for students who can already throw an appraisal is made of their existing skills to ascertain how best to refine and advance their work.
From work made during the class pots are selected for glazing and reduction firing and are available to collect, or can be despatched, about three weeks later.
For local people throwing classes can be repeated on a regular basis and for visitors offer the opportunity of a creative break while on holiday in Cornwall.
These sessions usually take place in the morning (10.00am to 12.30pm) but afternoon (1.30pm to 4.00pm) enrolment can be arranged.
£45.00 excluding materials.
One day courses
Six hour duration
Studio Days (10.00am to 4.00pm) are very similar to the throwing classes outlined above but because they occupy a full day allow more to be achieved. Studio days can sometimes be blocked together to create courses of several days' duration.
£105.00 excluding materials.